Saturday, May 16, 2015

New Zealand--Day 4

This morning Jamie was super nice and set up breakfast for those who wanted to eat at the hostel.  Otherwise he was willing to take a group to a place called Al's for breakfast instead.  I went a long just to see what it was all about.  Al's turned out to be a Canadian restaurant what had a pretty great breakfast. They made their own bread and had all fresh products, including freshly squeezed orange juice. :)  

We had nothing to do as a group until 12:30 pm, so after I ate I headed down Queen St. and did a little shopping for the girls.  After grabbing Starbucks, I found a Hello Kitty store where they would have had a blast looking around at all the stuff. A little before 12:30, I headed down to the Maritime Museum where we looked at all the items on display and then took a sailboat ride! The crew even had some of the squad help pull in the sails. :) 

After all of that, we had more free time so I did some more shopping. I found a LuLu Lemon and Champion (Rugby) store that were pretty sweet.  Also found a store called T2, which was literally a tea shop.  They had every flavor imaginable and all the cups and supplies you could need.  If I lived anywhere near a store like that I would be in heaven.  

Walking back I grabbed a slice of pizza to snack on thinking that everyone had already gone and ate supper.  But I met up with a few that wanted to go out and grab a bite.  So we took our stuff back to the YHA and headed back down to Queen St. and the viaduct  where we finally found a cute little Italian place--grabbed some pear ale and spaghetti.  I would say that so far the trip is great, but I wish we didn't have so much free time--whatevs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment