Friday, May 15, 2015

New Zealand--Day 3

I hate allergies. I don't know why they are a thing, but they suck. Of course I was thinking I wouldn't have a problem with it, but by today I thought I might die.  Again we had breakfast around 8 am, thanks to Jamie.  We then followed our UNI instructor to the University of New Zealand, Auckland!

The building itself was pretty great, but the fact that they set up a private tour and lunch for us was even better.  I grabbed some hot chocolate before we headed off to the hospitality college.  They gave us a little tour and talk then told us why it is important to them to have a college like this.  The hospitality is a very big industry for them, so to have the proper training is very important (that's the gist of it).  We also go to see the areas there they work on mini films and special effects.  I was an extra for King Kong... just saying.  The next place was all about electronics and 3D printing.  The lunch, by the way, was pretty impressive--chicken mixed with veggies, german potatoes, salad, and cookies. :)

For the rest of the day, we thought we were going to a kiwi fruit farm.  We ended up at a place where all they did was talk about onions for at least an hour.  That was probably the least exciting thing about my day. Eventually we made it to the fruit farm, where we climbed under the vines that stood about 5 feet tall and had kiwis dangling down below.  The farmers were cool though and they let us try some golden kiwis...way better than normal ones! Between all the mud and the kiwis that were rolling around from the farmers the bus was filthy, but hey it was a good experience.

We had a free night, so naturally we found a sporting event to go to.  It was my first rugby game, and they won 23-18...GO BLUES! Thankfully there was a free train ride back to Queen St... even though we had to walk up the dreadful hill just to go to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment