Monday, May 11, 2015

New Zealand AirTime

Yesterday morning, I woke up  and was overly excited because today is the day that I leave for New Zealand! My drive from mom's to Keianna's is usually a fine drive--2 hours, not bad-- but today it seemed to take forever. But as soon as I arrived, I hopped into another car and off we go to Chicago!
After we arrived and checked into our hotel, we went on a search for something to eat.  Ended up at a local bar so we could grab some drinks ;) Afterwards we went back to the hotel, ordered pizza, and crashed while watching something random on TV. 

My flight did not leave until about 6:30 pm, so we had some time to kill.  We found the fashion outlet  mall that is usually fun to shop around and hung out there for a while.  After we got bored we went and found something else to eat and chill for a few more hours till I needed to be dropped off at the airport.  

I totally thought Keianna was going to cry when we pulled up to the curb.. she at least had the look on her face.  This was my first time traveling by myself, let alone flying on a plane by myself so you would think it would have been interesting. Think again.  As soon as I walked in, I used a kiosk thingy and got my tickets and placed the sticker on my suitcase. Took that to the people so it could be taken then headed off to security.  I think I was through security in like 5 minutes.  I didn't have to take off my shoes or take anything out of my backpack or purse. I just placed my stuff into a bin, pushed it through the scanner, walked through the metal detector with my hands up, got my stuff and left.  Now I have three more hours to wait.  


I eventually met up with some of the people who were going on the trip with me--there was about 12 of us all on the same flight.  We grabbed some food and water and chilled in the terminal area.  The only down side was that the flight was pushed back by about 45 minutes because of a delay in the same terminal we were supposed to use.  Good thing we had someone go check the board because there was a terminal change for our flight-- and we are off to LA! 


No comments:

Post a Comment