Saturday, September 19, 2015

Trip to Salzburg!

For my 22nd birthday, the girls and I took a day trip to Salzburg, Austria! It was a 3 hour train ride there at 6:40 am, but I would have to say it was totally worth it.

When we got there, we worked our way through the city till we eventually saw the Fortress. It was a last minute decision to go there, but I thought it was way worth it. Each room was filled with different things. There was a concert hall full of chairs, the Bishop's old room-including his bedroom and bathroom, lots of jewelry and a whole kitchen that was re-reacted to look like what it once did. I think my favorite places inside was the torture room with all the items they would have used and the armor room. It was a little creepy but still amazing to see.  We spent time walking around the courtyard and then headed back down towards the city.

After our fortress tour, we were starving. So we found a little market where you could get anything you could think of....including pretzels as big as my head covered in everything. We filled up on our pretzels and walked around to see what the little market had to offer us. We still had some time to kill before we needed to head towards our next tour, so we walked through the shops and the main square.

Our second tour took us through the Mirabell Gardens. Thank goodness we went when we did because it was a gorgeous day and all the flowers were still in bloom :) We then when to find where we were supposed to meet for the Sound of Music tour!

The Sound of Music tour was awesome :) They took us to the houses where the family lived, the lake with the mountain view, to the gazebo, even to another town where the church was where they got married in the end of the movie! The whole tour was fantastic--and since it was my birthday they gave me a small bottle of champagne and sang happy birthday for me. :)

After our tour, we slowly made our way back towards the train station. We were exhausted and hungry and just wanted to get back to our town. It was an amazing trip, especially since it was for my 22nd Birthday :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment