Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 5 -- Klagenfurt

I got up super early this morning to make sure I looked nice for my first German Intensive class! The class was great, although we mainly just learned our ABC's again... There is an accent with the language that is probably the hardest part about the whole thing, but tomorrow is supposed to be all about phonetics--woo! Class is every morning from 9 am till 12:30 and on Tuesday's & Thursday's I also have a second class from 1:30 till 3.  By the end of this three week course I hope I can understand more people when they talk to me!

After our class today we met a bunch of the students that are in the class as well for a tour--but they are all of different levels in German.  There were two other boys that came over from UNI, a kid from Connecticut, and a kid from California! There was also people from Italy, Spain, Cuba, Japan--people from just all over the place :) The tour took us to the city center and showed us around to all the different places. Each place had a legend or a story that went along with it.  This area is so full of history it is amazing there are not more people who come to see what it is all about.

After the tour, the girls and I took a bus out to Ikea one more time because I needed a lamp and some hangers. We also ate dinner out there cause why not! We then took the bus back to our own places.  We were all kind of tired because today was the first day for us all where we had to actually get up and make our brains work ;) I spend the rest of my evening going over what I learned this morning and making a small grocery list for tomorrow! I can't wait to learn phonetics tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment