Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Day Of

Today is the day I get on the plane and leave the United States of America for 4 MONTHS. People keep asking me if I am nervous about going & being away that long.  My answer is always no--but that is because I am excited to go out and study in a different life that what I currently have.  I am an anthropology major... this is my thing! I love to go off and be in areas where stuff is completely different. Its great!

But because our flight doesn't leave till 4 in the afternoon, we had some time to kill.  Of course we went to IKEA! It was mainly for the mothers who dropped us off, but hey I would never pass up a trip ;)

Once we got back to the hotel, we grabbed all our stuff and jumped on the shuttle bus that would take us to the airport.  Right as we got off the bus, the mothers began to cry and the kids were giving hugs and grabbing their bags. We got the mothers back on the bus and ran into the airport to check in.  They were confused as to why we had pre-paid to have extra bags, but just took them to tag and gave up.  We then waited in line for security and went through that shabang.  Once we were all through we found our gate and hung out till we needed to board!

I do not understand why people push and shove to get on a plane... it just means you have to sit there longer! I was over it by the time they called our row number to board... people are just dumb sometimes. But whatever. I guess we will see how the whole thing goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment