Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Holy Mother Of Zeus We Made It!

OMG WE ARE HERE.
Everything went fine--no bags lost, no crying, no puking, nada. We are good.
It took us a minute to hunt down where we are supposed to buy train tickets.... but thank goodness for pictures! After we bought our tickets, we headed down to the platforms and texted our buddies to let them know what time we should be at the train station in Klagenfurt.

Unfortunately we had to switch trains, so we got a little confused. We ended up at a wrong platform.. and by the time we figured it out we only had to wait about 5 minutes before the train showed up! Thank goodness for some nice people who were willing to help :) Now we just have a 4 hour train ride into the city we want!

We got our stuff of the train pretty fast thanks to some other strangers. Then we met our buddies! I was super excited to meet mine.. and she is pretty awesome! We got through the train station to find the bus stop--where we waited a few minutes for the right bus number to show up.

I took the bus with my buddy till we got to a stop to get off near her house. :) Her place was super cute and so much more different than what apartments are back home. She was super sweet and let me take a shower while she cooked food for supper. After we ate we began to track down who had a key to the dorm room I was supposed to be staying in-- this had been a process.

It turns out that no one set aside the key for me at my place, so I ended up staying in a different room till the morning. Most people would have freaked out... and even though in my head all I could think was that "I am homeless in a different country" I kept my cool cause I new it would all eventually work out.  I am too tired and I will deal with it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment