Monday, September 14, 2015

Days 8-13 -- Klagenfurt

Well, there hasn't been too much going on lately. Just getting up everyday and going to my German class.  Although this will be a little long because it covers 5 days....my bad.

Although on Friday, after class, I headed to the City Center with the girls to grab a few things that we all needed--tights and looking for ideas on what to wear for a 90's party :) Afterwards we went to McDonald's. It really wasn't much different except the way that we order.  You could to the register and order, or there were these big touch screens along the wall that you could use as well! The touch screens let you choose what you wanted down to the last pickle, then you could pay there with a card or get a ticket to pay at the register with cash. It was pretty interesting! Once we got our food, we had forgotten that you have to pay for ketchup and there is no ice in the pop.. lol oops. We then headed home and everyone got ready for the party!

The building where the party was held was packed like sardines.  You could not walk to the bar or to the dance floor without accidentally rubbing up against someone.. it was awkward. But overall it was very fun! There was both German and American Music from the 90's, so that made it interesting. :)

Saturday we got up and took a boat to a different town (Reifnitz). From the boat we took a bus to the bottom of the Pyrimidenkogel-- 845 meter tall wooden structure that is not enclosed. Just from the bottom was a beautiful view.  Because we are young and stupid, we took the stairs all the way to the top.  Thank goodness for the nice day, because the view was amazing. You could see the whole lake and all the cities the line the lake. Just beautiful. Once we took the stairs down, we realized we still had at least an hour before the bus came back for us so we decided to eat lunch at the cafe. I had some awesome weiner schnitzel (turkey) with cranberry sauce and veggies :) Added with a glass of Riesling and I think I had the best lunch ever. After that long day we headed back and I got to talk to my Mom and my Uncle.

Sunday--I spent the day cleaning and working on my homework. After that was done I reorganized my room and then did some more cleaning. WOO!

Tomorrow I have a test over the German that I have learned so far.. Wish me luck! :)

1 comment: